Your staffing partner is a key ingredient in your recipe for success. A staffing agency contributes to your output and the processes by which your company runs by supplying high-quality, experienced workers. Finding the right staff helps you remain competitive in the marketplace through product consistency, as well as the creativity and innovation of top talent.
Advantages of a long-term staffing relationship
Like any relationship, the more time you spend with someone, the better you know them—and vice versa! So forging a long-term partnership with a staffing agency works to your advantage in the following ways:
- Understanding of your unique needs. First, a long-term recruiter gains a thorough understanding of your staffing needs—such as what skills and qualifications workers need to get the job done above and beyond your expectations.
- Avoid turnover. A recruiter familiar with your services also knows what qualities will help ensure career longevity at your company. This, in turn, allows you to avoid the high cost of turnover.
- Earmark future hires. In addition, the more a recruiter knows about your business, the further in advance they can earmark potential candidates—well in advance of your scheduled hiring time. This makes it that much faster and easier to place new workers when you need them.
How to build a strong bond
So what steps can you take to forge a lasting relationship with your staffing agency? Consider the following:
- Communicate. Keep in touch with your recruiter on a regular basis, even if you aren’t currently in the market for new staff. Just check in every few months to keep them in the loop.
- Give feedback. This is especially important when your recruiter has placed candidates with you. Let them know what’s working and what isn’t—this will only improve the quality of future candidate matches.
- Stay loyal. If you’re pleased with the staffing services you’re receiving, stick with your partner. If you’re not, provide feedback to help them better meet your needs. Sticking around is the definition of a long-term relationship!
Looking for a strong staffing partner?
Check out McGrath Systems! We place our clients with high-quality candidates in IT, HR, engineering, administration and light industrial. And we’ll work with you to understand your staffing needs, helping you to meet your short- and long-term goals. To learn more, reach out today to speak with one of our experienced recruiters.